Archive for December, 2014



2 replies

Passed the extended closing date now……HELP!

My lender has now pushed back our closing 19 days now, with still no closing date set in sight!  He started out by suggesting we go with a USDA, the sellers (it’s an REO) requested a conventional loan, my real estate agent got them to agree to an FHA loan, so I spoke with my lender and communicated this on November 13th, our original closing date was set for December 12th.  All throughout the process I kept asking if we were still on track for closing the 12th, and I kept getting that there was nothing to be concerned about that he was confident we would close the 12th.  The 11th rolled around and all of a sudden we find out that the title company hadn’t resolved the tax lien so they extended the closing date to Christmas eve, the 24th.  That rolled around and come to find out my lender messed up when switching over from the USDA loan to the FHA and used the same loan number, which I guess is a big no-no.  So he says that we have to wait for approval for an exemption from the Vice President of the company in order to move forward, this was told to me a couple of days before the 24th.  Now it’s the 31st and we’re still waiting on this guys approval.  When I asked why we couldn’t just redo some paper work and start a new loan, he said it’s because the standard FHA loans are gone now in favor of new no closing cost FHA loans, and that they wouldn’t let us switch because of the increase in interest rate (our current rate is locked in at 4.25% and I guess the new one would be 5.5%).  We’re so far past our closing date and our sellers have a $100 per day fee that we are supposed to pay for every day past the extended date of the 24th……what should we do?!?!?!  If they hold up to this $100 per day fee we really can’t afford to hold on much longer.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1 reply

How do I communicate with Zillow about an irresponsibile Zestimate?

I have just completed a 2720 square foot, upscale New Urban home in a six home pocket community.  The Zestimate is $167,000 and I have it listed at $156.00 per square foot or $424,500.  This is a value in Monona and yet I have sent Zillow two requests to call me and they go ignored.  Is there any way to get through to them other than having my attorney contact them?

2 replies

Refinance to conventional loan

Hi I would like to refinance a from 30 year fixed to 15 year fixed conventional loan on an investment  property with approximate LTV at 80%.  Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

3 replies

Does the State of Texas require a minimum of 3 credit lines to qualify for a cash-out Refi?

1 reply

Sales Tax for Florida home inspections and wind mitigations …

Hi all, As Home Inspectors, what (if any) taxes need to be paid for our services? I've been scouring the web for any information on this, but can't find any info.

What Should I Ask for in the Home Inspection? – Coldwell …

More often than not when a home buyer purchases a property and that offer has been accepted, the transaction moves on to "subject to inspection". That home is now under contract and will proceed with a professional …

Top 20 Home Inspection Photos from 2014 | Structure Tech …

These are the Top 20 home inspection photos from 2014, all of which we've shared on our Facebook and Google+ pages.

Can someone please recommend a good home inspector for Edison NJ

0 replies

$11.95. InterNACHI releases all new Structural Issues for …

All new Structural Issues for Home Inspectors book.